About this talk
Venture Capital is a huge part of the startup industry by impact, but a tiny part when measured by headcount. From the other side of the curtain, VC may look like an "exclusive" profession, with few roles open to newcomers and limited options for mobility with a small number of firms.
During this session unpack how you can get your start in the venture capital field. We’ll discuss:
- What is VC and what would a career in VC look like?
- What type of person would enjoy and excel in the VC field?
- What are the entry points into VC?
- Are there any fields of study, internship, types, or other resume builders that can prepare an undergraduate or graduate student for this type of role?
- When and how should you apply for VC opportunities?
- Beyond "doing your time" at a firm and hoping a higher-level position opens up, what are the options for advancing your career?