About this talk
Advisors and mentors are a key part of any successful startup, whether they're the founders' informal mentors or formally recognized as members of an advisory board.
But how do you know if you need an advisor or a mentor? How do you choose the right advisors? And how do you define the relationship when you’re building a startup that has the potential to be high-growth?
During this panel, we’ll discuss:
- The types of advisory boards your startup should have
- The types of people and experience you would want on your board
- How to find these people and make the ask
- When do you need a contract and how should you structure the contract/payment for certain cases
- How to address board issues and conflicts
- How to strategically set-up your board when you have venture funding
- Negotiating for additional board seats